Thursday, July 19, 2007

008

This discussion thread about the Prada store in Beverly Hills was entertaining: http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=51632_0_42_0_C.

The displays on the staircases do seem fun to me. Before our attic was [supposedly] finished, we used to store things like that in the closet of steps in my room when I was little.

I think the buildings on Rodeo Drive are, for the most part, sleek and industrial-looking and nice, and sometimes interesting, but I've never felt impressed by Rodeo. I really don't like Beverly Hills in general. It's like an emotional vacuum. I think all the elements of the stores and restaurants work against each other so that the vibe of the area is just kinda...blank. Or maybe it's the people, busy or stressed or old and botoxed.

Maybe it is different at night, vibrant and alive. But I worked in Beverly Hills 40 hours per week last summer and am currently temping there part-time, and there is still something completely mediocre about it for me. And I know about mediocrity; I am from Ohio [and I love Ohio].



I do like Machos Tacos (1670 N. Vermont Ave.) in Los Feliz. Here is a funny review of it:
http://www.lataco.com/taco/machos-tacos-los-feliz. I didn't have to wait that long the three times I have gone there, which were in the mid- to late- afternoon, and I never ate in the garden area, only on the car wash side.

And to me, its name and location next to a car wash are fucking great.

No comments: