Monday, July 16, 2007

006

I recently went to the MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) store in Santa Monica and saw a black and white postcard of the Hollywood sign and absolutely fell in love with it, as much as you can with a photograph, anyway. Charlie Bidwell has also photographed other famous places, like the Statue of Liberty and Park Avenue, and signs [in color] from many recognizable brands. The postcards are sort of oddly priced, with 5 cards with envelope for $10, 10 for $35, and 20 for $60, but they're worth it. I paid $5 for one and don't regret it. I sent it to my parents.

Also during that trip to the MOCA store, I bought "Catholic pills" and mailed them to my brothers. I can't remember the other fake pills exactly, but I think one of them was "Is your son gay?" I didn't see any of these things during my last trip to Santa Monica.

And I had no idea public nudity was still legal in the United States: Vermont town considers banning nudity...I had more to say, but it was just gross.

No comments: